Spring Break Travel Tips to Make
Your Trip Smoother
Before You Come to the Airport:
- Pack Carefully - To view the list of prohibited items or additional security information visit the Transportation Security Administration web site at www.tsa.gov.
- Remember your photo ID.
- Check with your airline regarding number of allowed pieces of luggage - Airlines usually allow 1 carry-on bag & 1 personal item (purse), and two checked bags. Carry-on bags must fit under seat in front of you or in the overhead bin. These spaces vary according to size of aircraft.
- Keep Valuable Items with You - Place your medicine, jewelry, cameras, and other valuables in your carry-on baggage.
- Do not carry wrapped gifts.
- Tag All Baggage Inside and Out - Outside tag should include name, street & email address, and phone number. Inside tag should include same info with the addition of itinerary and destination contact info.
- Leave your baggage unlocked for security inspection.
- Check-In For Flight Online - Check-in for your flights up to 24 hours prior to departure using your airline's web site. Also check here to determine if flight is operating on schedule prior to leaving for Airport.
- Allow Plenty of Time - Anticipate possible slowdowns caused by weather, heavy traffic, crowded parking lots, and busy ticket counters and security checkpoints. Airlines recommend passengers arrive a minimum of 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
At The Airport:
- Drive Carefully - On-going Airport roadway improvements have changed the traffic pattern for exiting the airport terminal and parking garage. Observe signage to follow new pattern.
- Use Curbside Check-In - Check with your Airline to see if available.
- Choose Parking Location Carefully - Short Term (30 minutes free) for meeter, greeter, weeper, wavers. Long Term for overnight parking. Write down Row # of where you park. For Vehicle Assistance with Battery Boost, Tire Inflation or locating lost vehicle, contact the Parking Supervisor located in building next to Parking exit / payment booths.
- Use (new) Elevators - Two new elevators at the center front entrance of Terminal B have been installed for passenger use between the lower parking garage level, baggage claim, and ticket lobby.
- Expect Updated Passenger Screening Procedures - The Transportation Security Administration has made the passenger screening process more unpredictable by including more random and various secondary searches of passengers and their carry-on bags as well as refined pat-down procedures. Click here for more information on passenger security checkpoints.
Memphis International Airport · 2491 Winchester Road, Suite 113 · Memphis, TN 38116-3856
©2006 Memphis International Airport